Thursday, 10 May 2012

Production Diary

I have collected a production diary where I have recorded the events of what has occurred each time  we have made a significant advance in the filming and editing of our coursework


Memo no. 1- First Draft 17/01/2012


Well our group has just finished our first draft of our music video and I am really  impressed with the work our group found it increasingly hard to use final cut pro so we decided to work upon iMovie. We may have to change over later on the date however this is just a first draft. We have been getting all the footage in the right structure and we added some transitions but it is still in it's primitive stages. We will be scheduling a new photo shoot of the artist soon so we can begin the ancillary task  as a group as soon as our January exams are over... Over than that our work needs some DRASTIC improvement. 


Memo no. 2 - After the photo shoot 22/01/2012
Well that was a big success we managed to get some really good photos of the artist and his friends. I proposed an idea that we could create a sort of street team like in a magazine or something kind of reminiscent of a record label... Young Money, MMG money group and Bad Boys Records.


Overall today was quite successful in terms to starting our ancillary tasks, however it was so TIME CONSUMING! It took us a long time to get the characters to focus and plus many of them had such busy schedules it was very disruptive however we managed to get many shots so overall a good day

Memo 3 - Showcase day APPROACHES 31/03/2012
Well the final day for showcasing our video is approaching quite quickly I mean our third of our music video is nowhere near finished and our ancillary drastically needs to be improved. I went to the an Editing day at HRC which so effective. We've now switched over our music video to Final cut pro, I have introduced more complex transitions and rearranged the structure of the video. I even learned how to make the video  black and white which will be essential to final draft making it so much more stronger in terms to emotion, however I predict that we have about 2 weeks worth o editing to do this project! I mean our coursework group has jobs and everything and sometimes we ind it difficult to work together but we are always talking through skype as we work so we are always connected.

Memo 4 - Showcase day Success? NO!!!!! 17/04/2012
Well showcase day was a major flop for our group, some of our video was in the wrong direction and the sound quality was so poor at least we gained some useful feedback from the audience members though that will be key for question 3 of our evaluations. I can definitely see that our coursework video requires extensive editing and work. It's way to long 6:45 minutes is not regular for a music video definitely. The ending was absolutely abysmal, it just cut off and was not synced to the music I know that will cost us several marks if we are not careful. We definitely need to go over the video from start to finish. The good news is that my final draft of all the ancillary tasks are finished and just require analysis. We definitely gotta put our heads down.

Memo 5 - Final stages in progress! 30/04/2012 
We are finally finished the music video we have cut down the video from 6:45 minutes to 4:40 which is more regular for music videos. We now have the black white version all we have to do is post the colour version up on YouTube. I have finished all ancillary tasks and now just need to post all of them as they are still drafted on my dashboard. Other than that we are done here!

Memo 6 - TROUBLE LIES AHEAD! 01/05/2012
Well I have tried and tried to post the video upon YouTube but the video file is corrupted sadly. Our one minute extract seems to be booming put it up and a couple hours it had accumulated 67 views mostly from Americans which was predictable however I will have to speak with my media teacher to fix this problem.

Memo 7 - EVERYTHING IS DONE!!!!!!! - 11/05/2012
Well everything has been posted and analysed, I have focused upon the conventions of hip-hop in near on every post and I have posted all the final drafts of all the research and planning posts. I have just spent the last hours making sure the labels upon the posts are accurate and can be easily identifiable. The album advert, the album digi pak and the final music video all created and posted. Just finishing up the evaluation now I am finally done with media coursework!!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment